Ten things not to do when you’re having a flareJune 10, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Posted in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) | 2 Comments
Tags: arthritis, flare, R.A., RA, RA flare, Rheumatoid arthritis
1. Say “Of course I can carry the tray!”
2. Run downstairs wearing only socks. (It feels like you’re walking on marbles.)
3. Say, “No – don’t you come up. I’ll bring the dress down for you to look at.” (’cause then you have to take the dress back up to keep it away from the cats … and then come back down.)
4. Tell yourself a browse around the local garden centre won’t hurt a bit.
5. Push a big, heavy door open with the flat of your hand.
6. Assume you can overtake the little old lady with two sticks walking in front of you along the street.
7. Get depressed when you can’t overtake the little old lady with two sticks walking in front of you along the street.
8. Swing your arm up without thinking to get something off a top shelf.
Actually I think that’s all the dumb things I’ve done over the last two days pertaining to my flare, but I think eight is enough – don’t you?