OUCH! FlareMarch 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Posted in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) | 7 Comments
This is going to be a very quick post – I’m having a flare in my left knee again. Old news, you may be thinking – but this is the WORST flare of my entire experience of RA. OK, my experience of RA has thankfully been pretty limited and has included, over the five-and-a-bit years since diagnosis, three or four impressive flares in my knee and very little else, but this time it’s different. Why?
- I’ve actually taken time off work… so apologies to people I owe emails to who read this blog and write to me on my work email!
- Previously I’ve had some serious pain, but it’s been short lived. This time the pain laaaaaaaaaaaaasts.
- I’ve got a prednisolone (sp?) taper
- I’ve not actually been ‘good’ since Christmas, when I had the last knee flare, since when I’ve had lots of pain in hands and feet … which bizarrely has mostly gone (unless I overdo the crochet) since the knee pain started. Any ideas as to why, anyone?
- I’ve got about four posts I want to write and can’t because I can’t sit in front of the computer long enough! They are:
- Hubby Knows Best
- Visit to the GP
- Learning from our Parents
- The Art of Patience in Patients
I wonder if I’ll ever get around to writing any of them … or indeed remember what on earth I was on about with the titles, when I’m able to sit up for longer?
Tata for now!